In order to get the best ROI (Return on Investment) for content marketing, you need to give your target market what they actually want.
People will always need solutions to their problems, so providing solutions for your target audience is the quickest route to building trust with them.
Quality content is queen. It not only attracts people to your services, but also helps them trust you as skilled at what you do, so they keep coming back for more.
Before you can provide this quality content packed with solutions, you need to identify the problems.
Which means you need to know who your target market is, what they need, and where you can find them.
Identifying Your Buyer Persona
The buyer persona is an idea of the customer.
It will shape ALL of your marketing.
I would say make 1-3 buyer personas of your chosen persona at most.
Ask yourself these 10 questions, based on the Content Marketing Institute’s quick guide to creating a customer profile:
- What is your ideal customer? Gender? Age group?
- What objectives or responsibilities do they have?
- Why are they interested in your offer? What’s their motivation?
- What questions or obstacles do they have (that intersect with your services)?
- Where else would they go for a solution to those obstacles?
- What are their expectations of your product or service?
- What barriers exist for them? What stops from them buying from you?
- Where is their community?
- Consider their communication preferences (emails, social media, forums etc.)
- What do they consider before making a purchase? Who would they listen to?
Once you have this customer in your mind, your everything else about your business is much easier to design, including what sort of content you need to create.